Friday, March 2, 2012


Looking back at my first blog, I seen some improvement in my writing. My goals are still in progress but i have also seen some improvements. 
One of my goals was to extend my vocabulary. I can't say I've seen drastic improvements but my vocabulary has changed. The assigned articles in my English 101 class and other readings that came along have created a habit to look up words that i am unfamiliar with. 
Another goal of mine was to introduce my writings in a better way. My introductions lacked attention and i wanted to improve. I haven't accomplished my goal but  as i keep writing essays i'll be better at it by the end of this semester. The rhetorical situation had a great effect on my writing. Before i begin to write, i think about the purpose and the audience. It makes my writing a lot more easier in the way that it gives me an idea on how specific i have to be in my writing so i wont confuse the readers.and to prevent myself from changing subjects. 

Something i would change about the class is the limit or readings. I would (if i was the professor) is give more essays examples. More reading assignments would also get students more comfortable with essays and would help extend their vocabulary.

1 comment:

  1. Evelyn,

    You need to make new posts, NOT new blogs. All your posts need to be found on one URL. It is much more difficult for me to grade this way, and I imagine it is additional work for you as well.

    ReplyDelete